A web app that makes reading Swedish more approachable and enjoyable.
How it works:
- You select an article for Foreword to prescreen.
- Foreword automatically sorts the words in the article into lists of known words and unknown words based on the master lists of known words and unknown words you configure.
- You'll be asked to choose the words you know from the words that could not be automatically sorted.
- Foreword parses the article and for keywords and a synopsis, defines the words you don't know, generates lists of your new known words and unknown words from the words you manually sorted, and presents your vocabulary words in a Memrise (bulk add) friendly format.
Recommended: Memrise account
- Replace words in known_master.txt with your own known words
- Replace words in unknown_master.txt with your own unknown words
- (optional but recommended) Save session summary by copy/pasting results to relevant files in /update_wordlists
- (optional but recommended) After every few runs, update known_master.txt and unknown_master.txt by running update_wordlists.py and reconcile_learned_words.py in /update_wordlists. Regularly updating files with update_wordlist.py will increases the automation of the sorting process.
To learn and to do:
- Center contents on Sort Words page.
- Don't render template for Sort Words page if all words in the article are automatically are automatically sorted.
- Make it possible to define words based on possible compounds. (i.e. Fix hyphenator.)
- Use loader to make wait for results more pleasant.
- Automate saving session summary; save wordlists in database.
Example results pages:
- Foreword Section
- Vocabulary Section