Renesas IoT Sandbox and IBM Watson API Test
Test scripts to accompany an introductory article for use of Renesas IoT Sandbox APIs with IBM Watson APIs.
Both Renesas IoT Sandbox and IBM Watson are free to use for limited development testing.
Tutorial is available here.
YouTube video showing usage with sample voice from IBM Watson API is available here
Using Watson APIs with IoT Sandbox
How the IoT Sandbox Gets Sensor Data to the Cloud and Processes Data
IoT Hardware Used in Tutorial
- getiIot.sh pulls JSON data from Renesas IoT Sandbox Data Monitoring
- iot-watson.py parses JSON data and saves human-understandable data to file
- watson-api-no-passwords.sh sends text data to IBM Watson APIs and downloads audio file
- pull data from Renesas IoT Sandbox Data Monitoring
- parse JSON IoT data and convert to human-readable data
- push data to Watson text-to-speech API
- get sound file and play
Although the Renesas IoT Sandbox Data Monitoring dashboard provides nice gauges, it does not provide a way to get audio alerts. This is a starter demo to show how data can be downloaded with the Renesas IoT Sandbox Data Monitoring API and then send to the IBM Watson API for processing.