This is a collection of Design-in-Browser tools and some great default markup. The idea here is that when you're designing in the browser you need something to design, and some great helpers to get your ideas onto the screen with as little friction as possible. I'm starting with the excellent HTML5 Boilerplate for the default markup. I've forked the css slightly but plan to mostly stay in sync with that project as it applies to the motive here. I'm also including some html files with common markup that needs to be designed for.
- index.html is empty and contains no content
- elements.html includes a collection of standard html elements
- I will be including others soon, including basic forms, content pages, sidebars, footers, etc
This also includes a Sass / Compass folder that starts with some very clean defaults. I can't include those projects in this one, so you'll need to install Sass and Compass to get started with these, and I encourage you to install Susy and Fancy Buttons as well.
Acknowledgements, Installation, & Documentation
- HTML5 Boilerplate
- Fancy Buttons
- more, more, more
- Screencast (coming soon)
License (inherited from HTML5 Boilerplate):
- Modernizr: MIT/BSD license
- jQuery: MIT/GPL license
- DD_belatedPNG: MIT license
- YUI Profiling: BSD license
- HTML5Doctor CSS reset: Creative Commons 3.0 BY
- CSS Reset Reloaded: Public Domain
- The Unlicense (aka: public domain)
This is a set of files that a front-end developer can use to get started on a website, with following included:
- Cross-browser compatible (IE6, yeah we got that.)
- HTML5 ready. Use the new tags with certainty.
- Optimal caching and compression rules for grade-A performance
- Best practice site configuration defaults
- Think there's too much? The HTML5 Boilerplate is delete-key friendly. :)
- Mobile browser optimizations
- Progressive enhancement graceful degredation ........ yeah yeah we got that
- IE specific classes for maximum cross-browser control
- Want to write unit tests but lazy? A full, hooked up test suite is waiting for you.
- Console.log nerfing so you won't break anyone by mistake.
- Never go wrong with your doctype or markup!
- An optimal print stylesheet, performance optimized
- iOS, Android, Opera Mobile-adaptable markup and CSS skeleton.
- IE6 pngfix baked in.
- jQuery, waiting for you