Welcome to Convict Records. This website allows you to search the British Convict transportation register for convicts transported to Australia between 1787-1867.
Information available includes name of convict, known aliases, place convicted, port of departure, date of departure, port of arrival, and the source of the data.
We also welcome public contributions of additional information such as crime, occupation, gender and date of arrival. You can even add convicts who you cannot find a record for.
Functionality and features of convictrecords.com.au
- Search box to search the database for convicts.
- Browse convicts by surname using alphabet links.
- Browse convicts by year of transport using year links.
- Browse convicts by ship name using alphabet links.
- Alternate link through goggle search.
- Link to contribute to add new convict.
- Link to discover more facts on convicts.
- Link to convict resources if lost.
- Lists every year since the first voyage
- Lists voyages that occurred in each year with stats:
- average sentence
- place of arrival
- date of arrival
- number of passengers
- Has a "jump" menu that groups years by decades, eg. 1800 - 1809
- Browse convicts by surname.
- by clicking on hyperlink alphabet form A-Z or
- by typing the name in the search box.
- Link for members to add convict.
- Lists every ship been to Australia grouping them by the first letter of their names alphabetically.
- Has a "jump" menu that groups names by alphabets, eg. A - Z
- Shows details of the ships voyages.
- date at which it arrived.
- life sentences.
- number of passengers.
- place of arrival.
- Tabled list of all passengers aboard the ship.
- description of each convicts.
- place of conviction for each convicts.
- Lists the crimes committed by convicts transported to Australia alphabetically.
- Lists details of convicts in table form.
- convict names.
- description of their transportation.
- place of conviction.
- Lists out other crimes.
- What community contributions is all about.
- Goals to reach on the number of contributions.
- Details of recent contributions
- Displays detail of the convict in table form.
- Name, Aliases, Gender.
- DOB, Occupation, DOD, Age.
- conviction and transportation.
- references from which the record of the convict was originated and its description.
- List of people who has made contribution to the particular convict.
- date which the contribution was made.
- Redirects to Facebook community of convict records.
- Link to convict records Facebook page.
- Convict facts
- link to statistical data based contributions and database.
- link to statistical data and facts based on most crime committed and common occupations.
- Links to database used for the site convict records.
- links to research further on convict records.