ESP8266 MQTT CCS811/BME280 air quality sensor
I'm using the Adafruit CCS811 library which worked after I used the correct I2C address of 0x5A for my sensor.
Currently I'm testing if my setup works and the values are reliable - so please see this as a work in progress. Any Feedback and help is appreciated!
Before compiling, you must implement your config by copying the file
config.h in directory
esp-ccs811-bme280-mqtt. After that you have to fill or change the values in
The read data get's dropped to the following topics using
<mqtt-topic-prefix>. All values are retained, the online state is set to
offline using mqtt's last-will.
<mqttTopicPrefix>status online/offline (last will) <mqttTopicPrefix>ip system ip <mqttTopicPrefix>temperature temperature in °C <mqttTopicPrefix>humidity relative humidity in % <mqttTopicPrefix>pressure pressure in hPa <mqttTopicPrefix>altitude altitude in m <mqttTopicPrefix>co2 CO2 concentration in ppm <mqttTopicPrefix>tvoc total volatile compound in ppb
- Check Sparkfuns CCS811 lib
- better configuration
- Arduino 1.8.1 (https://www.arduino.cc/)
- ESP8266 board definition 2.4.0 (https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino)
- Tasker (https://github.com/sticilface/Tasker)
- PubSubClient 2.6.0 by Nick O'Leary (https://github.com/knolleary/pubsubclient)
- Adafruit CCS811 Library (https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_CCS811)
- Sparkfun BME280 Library (https://github.com/sparkfun/SparkFun_CCS811_Arduino_Library)
Patrik Mayer, 2018 Tobias Schmitt, 2018