This is role designed to run pre-configured blueprints from Bob the Builder across your inventory.
To use this role, you must define the variables listed below. The easiest way to do this is to copy the
vars/main.yml.sample file to
vars/main.yml and add your Azure DevOps organization and personal access token.
- azure_devops_pat - A personal access token for your Azure DevOps account
- azure_organization - Your Azure DevOps organization's name
- bob_dir - The path to install Bob the Builder
- blueprints_dir - A local directory containing the Bob the Builder blueprints to run
- out_dir - A remote directory to store the final tools in
This playbook uses Bob to run all of the blueprints found in the
files/blueprints directory. Use Bob to generate blueprints, or get them from your teammates, and store them there before running the role.
Adding to a Playbook
Here's how to use it in a playbook:
- hosts: all become: yes become_method: sudo roles: - ansible-role-bob-the-builder
Running Without a Playbook
If it's not part of a playbook, and you want to run this standalone, do the following:
# To run locally $ cd ansible-role-bob-the-builder $ ansible localhost -m include_role -a name=. # To run remotely $ ansible -i inventory.yml -m include_role -a name=. --private-key <PATH_TO_SSH_KEY> -u <REMOTE_USERNAME> all