Music, Moderation, Trivia, Stream Alerts and Fully Modular.
Red is a fully modular bot – meaning all features and commands can be enabled/disabled to your liking, making it completely customizable. This is also a self-hosted bot – meaning you will need to host and maintain your own instance. You can turn Red into an admin bot, music bot, trivia bot, new best friend or all of these together!
Installation is easy, and you do NOT need to know anything about coding! Aside from installation and updating, every part of the bot can be controlled from within Discord.
The default set of modules includes and is not limited to:
- Moderation features (kick/ban/softban/hackban, mod-log, filter, chat cleanup)
- Trivia (lists are included and can be easily added)
- Music features (YouTube, SoundCloud, local files, playlists, queues)
- Stream alerts (Twitch, Youtube, Mixer, Hitbox, Picarto)
- Bank (slot machine, user credits)
- Custom commands
- Imgur/gif search
- Admin automation (self-role assignment, cross-server announcements, mod-mail reports)
- Customisable command permissions
Additionally, other plugins (cogs) can be easily found and added from our growing community of cog repositories.
The following platforms are officially supported:
If after reading the guide you are still experiencing issues, feel free to join the Official Discord Server and ask in the #support channel for help.
Red is fully modular, allowing you to load and unload plugins of your choice, and install 3rd party plugins directly from Discord! A few examples are:
- Cleverbot integration (talk to Red and she talks back)
- Ban sync
- Welcome messages
- Reaction roles
- Slow Mode
- And much, much more!
Feel free to take a peek at a list of available 3rd party cogs!
Join the community!
Red is in continuous development, and it’s supported by an active community which produces new content (cogs/plugins) for everyone to enjoy. New features are constantly added. If you can’t find the cog you’re looking for, consult our guide on building your own cogs!
Join us on our Official Discord Server!
Released under the GNU GPL v3 license.
Red is named after the main character of "Transistor", a video game by Super Giant Games.
Artwork created by Sinlaire on Deviant Art for the Red Discord Bot Project.