Updates available in release 1.9:
- Adds the /word_show_hidden switch to include hidden text in the PDF
- Adds the /powerpoint_output switch that allows the generated PDF to output the notes, outline and handouts rather than just the presentation slides
- Adds the /word_fix_table_columns switch which resolves an issue with column widths in a table not matching the heading column widths.
- Adds the /printer switch which takes then name of a postscript printer and generates the PDF by printing to it. Requires GhostScript
- Adds the /fallback_printer switch takes then name of a postscript printer and generates the PDF by printing to it. Requires GhostScript and will only work if the main conversion process is unable to generate the PDF
- Adds extra switches to control Word output: /word_show_revs_comments, /word_show_comments, /word_show_format_changes, /word_show_ink_annot and /word_show_ins_del
- Improves robustness against COM errors
- Removes problems that caused header and footer spacing issues
- Improve performance when processing Word documents with many fields
- Improve handling of signed Office documents
This version should be a bit more robust when dealing with some old Office documents and looks to ensure PowerPoint shuts down correctly after conversion.
This test introduces the following command line options
/word_fix_table_columns - resolves an issue with column widths in a table not matching the heading column widths.
/printer - takes then name of a postscript printer and generates the PDF by printing to it. Requires GhostScript
/fallback_printer - takes then name of a postscript printer and generates the PDF by printing to it. Requires GhostScript and will only work if the main conversion process is unable to generate the PDF
This pre-release improves the handling of documents that have been digitally signed to ensure that the resulting PDF does not report an invalid signature line.
It also adds the /powerpoint_output switch that allows the generated PDF to output the notes, outline and handouts rather than just the presentation slides.
This build reworks how headers and footers are manipulated in Word when updating fields. This may resolve some issues with incorrect header/footer spacing appearing in the generated PDFs and memory leaks caused by objects not being cleared up.
This is a test build which has improvements to Word Excel processing - namely to try and avoid issues caused by the filesystem being slow to provide access to documents and Word triggering https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/813990/you-receive-an-error-message-when-you-change-a-document-that-is-format
Updates available in release 1.8:
- If the destination path is a directory, the PDF will be created in the directory
- The /excel_no_link_update switch can be used to prevent Excel pulling in external references
- The /excel_no_recalculate switch can be used to prevent Excel for performing a recalculation on a worksheet before conversion
- The /word_keep_history switch can be used to prevent Word conversion from clearing the document history
- The /word_max_pages option can be used to set the maximum number of pages that can be in a Word file for conversion to proceed
- The /word_field_quick_update switch can be used to speed up conversion of Word documents containing many field codes
- The /word_no_field_update switch can be used to prevent Word updating fields before conversion
- The /word_ref_fonts switch can be used to create PDFs that have references to fonts rather than embedded bitmaps
- The OFFICE2PDF_AUTO_CONVERT environment variable is set during conversion to help applications determine if they are being processed through OfficeToPDF
- The /pdf_append switch allows the generated PDF to be appended to the destination PDF
- The /pdf_prepend switch allows the generated PDF to be placed at the start of the destination PDF
- The /pdf_layout switch allows control over how the PDF will initially appear when viewed with Acrobat Reader
- The /pdf_page_mode switch allows control over how the PDF will open in Acrobat Reader
- The /pdf_clean_meta switch allows various meta-data that would normally be included in the PDF (e.g. author) to be removed from the destination PDF
- A number of /pdf_restriction_... switches are available to allow control over the security of the generated PDF
- Don't crash when converting files created with the "Blog Post" template in Word
- Handle Excel files that are protected by a write password but with no read password
- Be more robust when attempting to convert ical calendars
- Be more robust when converting Excel files