Our goal is to understand the semantic part structure of object sketches.
Developing part segmentation task on toy case
Milestones for part segmentation task interface:
- Display: paper.js canvas environment that displays the sample smiley SVG, by reading in the cubic bezier curve segments.
- Interactive 1: allows for highlighting by hovering/clicking particular strokes
- Interactive 2: allows you to "paint in" only the subset of curve segments that you click and drag over, rather than entire stroke by default.
- Interactive 3: class-conditional menu of labels appears after each "paint" operation (e.g., eye, mouth, head, Other). a. If "Other" is selected, text box appears to allow for free response.
- Output: For each paint+annotation cycle, write out: painted SVG curve segments plus their semantic label. Once an SVG curve segment is painted and labeled once, it cannot be painted in again.