View Browser App
This App runs a webserver and exposes two endpoints:
Alternatively, one can click on the 'Open App' button from the UI to get the
<app-ip>:<node-port> part automatically.
In order to successfully build and run Sample App, you are required to have the following setup in your system: Golang
After installing GO, use
go get to install the sample app: viewbrowser:
go get github.com/cohesity/cohesity-appspec/sampleapp/viewbrowser
If this does not work. Follow below steps
1. go mod init view_browser_exec (Run this command in cohesity-appspec/sampleapp/viewbrowser )
2. go build .
3. Copy generated view_browser_exec binary file to deployment folder
This will also get all the dependencies including Cohesity App and Management Go SDKs.
Container Environment Parameters
The App Container Environment has the following parameters initialized by Cohesity App Server.
HOST_IP # The Host IP on which the container is running. APPS_API_ENDPOINT_IP # Cohesity App Server IP. APPS_API_ENDPOINT_PORT # Cohesity App Server Port. APP_AUTHENTICATION_TOKEN # Authetication Token to make Cohesity App API calls.
We use the above variables in various use cases to initialize and make call to App server.
Packaging the App
Please refer to this section to containerize this application.
Uploading the App to Cohesity Marketplace
- Login to DevPortal.
- Go to Build App -> Container App.
- Insert all details in the form.
- Upload the docker images and .yaml file.
- You can submit the application for review/download the .pkg file and run it on a Cohesity cluster.
Testing the App
- Login to your Cohesity cluster.
- Go to Marketplace -> My Apps.
- Click on the Upload button (present on the top right section of the page).
- Select the .pkg file which you got from the DevPortal.
- Click on Upload and Install.
- Click on the 'Run App' button will show up which will show up soon after the app installs.
Using App & Management SDK
Importing the packages:
import ( "github.com/cohesity/app-sdk-go/appsdk", "github.com/cohesity/management-sdk-go/managementsdk" )
Init the App Client:
apiEndpointIp = os.Getenv("APPS_API_ENDPOINT_IP") apiEndpointPort = os.Getenv("APPS_API_ENDPOINT_PORT") appAuthenticationToken = os.Getenv("APP_AUTHENTICATION_TOKEN") appClient = CohesityAppSdk.NewAppSdkClient(appAuthenticationToken, apiEndpointIp, apiEndpointPort)
App Client in action:
// Get App Settings. appSettings, err := appClient.Settings().GetAppSettings()
managementTokenResponse, err := appClient.TokenManagement().CreateManagementAccessToken() managementAccessToken.AccessToken = managementTokenResponse.AccessToken managementAccessToken.TokenType = managementTokenResponse.TokenType
managementClient = ManagementSdk.NewCohesityClientWithToken(apiEndpointIp, managementAccessToken)
Using Management Client to Cohesity Views:
viewsResult, err := managementClient.Views().GetViews(viewNames, viewBoxNames, matchPartialNames, maxCount, maxViewId, includeInactive, tenantIds, allUnderHierarchy, viewBoxIds, jobIds, sortByLogicalUsage, matchAliasNames)
Using Management Client to Mount View:
err := appClient.Mount().CreateMount(&mountOptions)
All the models for Management Structs & Variables are defined here
All the models for App Structs & Variables are defined here
Questions & Feedback
We would love to hear from you. Please send your questions and feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org