It is a COIN-OR project and licensed under the EPL (Eclipse Public License). The EPL is a license approved by the OSI (Open Source Initiative), thus Bonmin is OSI Certified Open Source Software.
This project was initiated in 2004 by IBM and Carnegie Mellon University as part of a joint effort to study algorithm for MINLP. You may find additional informations at http://egon.cheme.cmu.edu/ibm/page.htm, in particular
- A publicly available library of test instances of Convex MINLPs,
- Research papers on new algorithmic procedures for MINLP.
Bonmin features several algorithms, including
- B-BB is a NLP-based branch-and-bound algorithm,
- B-OA is an outer-approximation decomposition algorithm,
- B-QG is an implementation of Quesada and Grossmann's branch-and-cut algorithm,
- B-Hyb is a hybrid outer-approximation based branch-and-cut algorithm.
Bonmin documentation consists of a users' manual and a reference manual, which may be found on-line at the project web-site or can be built from the project source distribution.
BONMIN MAINTAINER : Pierre Bonami
BONMIN WEB-PAGE : https://github.com/coin-or/Bonmin
BONMIN MAILING LIST : http://list.coin-or.org/mailman/listinfo/bonmin
To report bugs, you should create an issue at https://github.com/coin-or/Bonmin/issues
Bonmin is also available on NEOS.