CoinUtils (Coin-OR Utilities) is an open-source collection of classes and functions that are generally useful to more than one COIN-OR project. These utilities include:
- classes for storing and manipulating sparse matrices and vectors,
- performing matrix factorization,
- parsing input files in standard formats, e.g. MPS,
- building representations of mathematical programs,
- performing simple presolve operations,
- warm starting algorithms for mathematical programs, and
- comparing floating point numbers with a tolerance, among others.
The CoinUtils website is https://github.com/coin-or/CoinUtils.
Getting Started using CoinBrew
To build CoinUtils from source, obtain the
coinbrew script from
/path/to/coinbrew fetch --main-proj=CoinUtils /path/to/coinbrew build --main-proj=CoinUtils --test /path/to/coinbrew install --main-proj=CoinUtils
coinbrew script will fetch these additional projects.
Getting Started without CoinBrew (Expert users)
- Obtain the source code, e.g., from https://github.com/coin-or/CoinUtils
./configure -Cto generate makefiles
maketo build the CoinUtils library
make testto build and run the CoinUtils unit test program
make installto install library and header files.
If you have
Doxygen available, you can build a HTML documentation by typing
in the build directory.
If CoinUtils was build via
coinbrew, then the build directory is
The doxygen documentation main file is found at
./doxydoc/html/index.html in the build directory.
Doxygen is not available, you can use also use this link.