CoinUtils is an open-source collection of classes and helper functions that are generally useful to multiple COIN-OR projects. These utilities include:
- classes for storing and manipulating sparse matrices and vectors,
- performing matrix factorization,
- parsing input files in standard formats, e.g. MPS,
- building representations of mathematical programs,
- performing simple presolve operations,
- warm starting algorithms for mathematical programs,
- comparing floating point numbers with a tolerance
- classes for storing and manipulating conflict graphs, and
- classes for searching and storing cliques and odd cycles in conflict graphs, among others.
CoinUtils is written in C++ and is released as open source under the Eclipse Public License 2.0.
It is distributed under the auspices of the COIN-OR Foundation
The CoinUtils development site is https://github.com/coin-or/CoinUtils.
CURRENT BUILD STATUS
- Linux: On Debian/Ubuntu, CoinUtils is available in the package
coinor-coinutilsand can be installed with apt. On Fedora, CoinUtils is available in the package
- Windows: The easiest way to get CoinUtils on Windows is to download an archive as described above.
- Mac OS X: The easiest way to get Cbc on Mac OS X is through Homebrew.
brew tap coin-or-tools/coinor
brew install coin-or-tools/coinor/coinutils
Due to license incompatibilities, pre-compiled binaries lack some functionality. If binaries are not available for your platform for the latest version and you would like to request them to be built and posted, feel free to let us know on the mailing list.
Source code can be obtained either by
- Downloading a snapshot of the source code for the latest release version of CoinUtils from the releases page.
- Cloning this repository from Github or
- Using the coinbrew script to get the project and all dependencies (recommended, see below).
Below is a quick start guide for building on common platforms. More detailed build instructions are here.
BUILDING from source
The quick start assumes you are in a bash shell.
To build CoinUtils from source, obtain the
coinbrew script, do
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/coin-or/coinbrew/master/coinbrew chmod u+x coinbrew ./coinbrew fetch CoinUtils@master ./coinbrew build CoinUtils
coinbrew (Expert users)
- Download the source code, e.g., by cloning the git repo https://github.com/coin-or/CoinUtils
- Download and install the source code for the dependencies listed in config.yml
- Build the code as follows (make sure to set PKG_CONFIG_PTH to install directory for dependencies).
./configure -C make make test make install
If you have
Doxygen available, you can build a HTML documentation by typing
in the build directory. If CoinUtils was built via
coinbrew, then the build
directory will be
./build/CoinUtils/master by default. The doxygen documentation main file
is found at
If you don't have
doxygen installed locally, you can use also find the