Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
Add patched QR code webcam scanner
Fix Brain Wallet
A commit in February (Update Entropy) broke the brain wallet feature, 779ce46. If by chance you created a brain wallet on the live segwitaddress.org domain server between February 29, 2020 and April 24, 2020, and you did not save your private key, you will be unable to recover your funds. Users who downloaded the site from official Github releases page are not affected as the entropy commit (779ce46) was never officially released. Users who cloned the Master branch between February 29, 2020 and April 24, 2020, and did not save the private key created from a brain wallet will be unable to recover their funds.
Changes in v0.3.4 Minor Release
- Removed unnecessary and un-used pay-to-script functions from the sweep function making the sweep feature easier to read.
- Also removed functions and library that was previously used to scan qr codes with the webcam.
Changes in v0.3.3 Minor Release
- Removed the offline transaction builder form from
- Added ability on bech32 page to sweep a private key and transfer all funds to another address.
Changes in v0.3.2 minor release
- Removed webcam scanner for private keys due to changes in HTML 5 permissions.
- Added bech32 version at
/bech32using the buidl.js wrapper. Code is easier to read and functions are now easier to follow/customize.
- Added ability to create and sign a transaction offline with a single input and max of two outputs which can later be broadcast to a node or push service.
Changes in v0.3.1 minor release
- Added ability to create bech32 key pairs (console only
bech32(), no sweeping support)
- Prevent details section from accepting uncompressed private keys #7
Changes in version v0.3
- Added support for testnet addresses and sweeping. Testnet mode can be activated using a
Changes from minor releases
- Removed the vanity address generator. It was too slow for practical usage.
- Added brain wallet
- Included details tab that will take a WIF private key and convert it into a P2SH-P2WPKH segwit address along with the public key and redeemscript.
Changes in latest release include:
- added details tab, you can provide a WIF private key and it will output the segwit address, public key, and redeemscript associated with the private key.
- removal of the vanity address creation tool, due to slowness and lack of practicality.
Updates in new release:
- Added webcam qr scanning support using instascan.js (https://github.com/schmich/instascan)
- Removed online dependencies which included jQuery and Bootstrap CDNs.
- Added mouse movement entropy on new address generation for stronger address randomness.