The official Android application for Coinbase.
- Send/request bitcoin payments using email, QR codes, or NFC
- Buy and sell bitcoin right from your mobile phone
- View transaction history, details, and balance
- See prices in BTC or your native currency
- Support for multiple accounts
- 100% open source - contributions welcome
- Revoke access remotely if you lose your phone.
You can find more information, and download the app, at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coinbase.android.
Building the app is only supported in Android Studio. Steps to build:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:coinbase/coinbase-android.git
- Open Android Studio, and close any open project
- Click 'Import project...'
- Open the
coinbase-androiddirectory downloaded in step 1
- That's it! You should be able to build and run the app from inside Android Studio.
Contributions are welcome - please send a pull request.
We welcome crowdsourced translations! Just submit a pull request including the edited files. Create a new folder
where xx is your language code and XX is your country code (a partial list can be found at https://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Locale.html).
Copy and paste the
coinbase-android/res/values/strings.xml file into the new folder, and edit the file to add your translations. Thanks!