WARNING. EARLY ALPHA VERSION. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PRODUCTION.
Hi. I'm a starter theme called
Material Blog. I'm a theme meant for hacking so don't use me as a Parent Theme. Instead try turning me into the next, most awesome, WordPress theme out there. That's what I'm here for.
I'm built on
_s by Automattic, a lean, well documented, HTML5 WordPress starter theme and
Materialize, A modern responsive front-end framework based on Material Design by Google.
What you can expect from
- Just the right amount of lean, well-commented, modern, HTML5 templates.
- Helpful 404 template.
- A sample custom header implementation in
inc/custom-header.phpthat can be activated by uncommenting one line in
functions.phpand adding the code snippet found in the comments of
- Custom template tags in
inc/template-tags.phpthat keep your templates clean and neat and prevent code duplication.
- Some small tweaks in
inc/extras.phpthat can improve your theming experience.
- Predefined classes creating a configurable color palette.
- 12 column fluid responsive grid system.
- Responsive images and video.
- Roboto 2.0 font with fluid text scaling and line-height for optimized readability on any device.
- SO MANY COMPONENTS:
- Stylized Buttons.
- Stylized lists (referred to as
collections) with collapsible functionality.
- Beautifully styled forms with switches, date picker and more.
- A whopping 740 Material Design icons by Google for all the things.
- Dialog boxes and modals.
- Parallax page layouts.
- Fixed positioning of any element on a page (aka
- ScrollFire and ScrollSpy.
- Mobile optimized navigation with intuitive drag to open and close.
Material Blog was started on Feb 13th, 2015 and is by no means ready for production. If you wish
to play with it, grabbing a copy of the
dist folder and placing in your themes directory will get
you started. Take note, integration of the Materialize framework is still underway.
Compiling the source
If you wish to compile from the source, you'll need the latest versions of NPM, Grunt and Bower.
bower install to install the materialize framework
npm install to install the Grunt plugins needed to compile the source.
grunt build to process all the Sass, minify scripts and CSS, and process a WordPress ready theme.