Peewee is a simple and small ORM. It has few (but expressive) concepts, making it easy to learn and intuitive to use.
- A small, expressive ORM
- Written in python with support for versions 2.6+ and 3.2+.
- built-in support for sqlite, mysql and postgresql
- :ref:`numerous extensions available <playhouse>` (:ref:`postgres hstore/json/arrays <postgres_ext>`, :ref:`sqlite full-text-search <sqlite_ext>`, :ref:`schema migrations <migrate>`, and much more).
Peewee's source code hosted on GitHub.
New to peewee? Here is a list of documents you might find most helpful when getting started:
- :ref:`Quickstart guide <quickstart>` -- this guide covers all the bare essentials. It will take you between 5 and 10 minutes to go through it.
- :ref:`Guide to the various query operators <query-operators>` describes how to construct queries and combine expressions.
- :ref:`Field types table <field_types_table>` lists the various field types peewee supports and the parameters they accept. There is also an :ref:`extension module <playhouse>` that contains :ref:`special/custom field types <extra-fields>`.