Muse's Success Source Code
Developed by Colette Snow.
This is the source code that powers muses-success.info.
- Same as CodeIgniter.
- Apache mod_rewrite.
- MySQL 5.0 or better.
- Write access to the cache directory.
- Upload to your server - make sure the contents of public are in your web root / public_html / htdocs.
- Edit muses-success/config/database.php and muses-success/config/config.php as appropriate.
- You will need to sign up for reCAPTCHA and edit muses-success/config/recaptcha.php with your public and private keys.
- Execute db/structure.sql and db/data.sql against your MySQL database.
- Register yourself a user. The first user to register will become an admin.
- Thumbnails and feature images are created and managed manually.
- There is not a fully functional admin, yet.
- We are in the process of refactoring a lot of the code meaning things will break often and compatibility is not guarenteed.
- We won't be open sourcing the rating calculation code.
- The search index code will be included at a later date.
- Asisde from branding, you will want to edit the Google Plus/Facebook/Twitter code sprinkled throughout the source.
- Muse's Success application files (excluding branding) are licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License v3 (see LICENSE)
- Muse's Success branding (including logo and visual style) remains copyright of Colette Snow.
- in this initial release, these files are included - they will be replaced with generic defaults in a future release.
- CodeIgniter source files are licensed under the included license (see codeigniter/license.txt)
- jQuery, jQuery UI, jQuery UI Star Ratings widget, jQuery AutoComplete Plugin and MarkItUp! Editor is distributed under the MIT license.
- Paul's Simple Diff Algorithm is distributed under the zlib/libpng license.
- The PHP Markdown Library is distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2.
- Portable PHP password hashing framework was released to the public domain.
- Philip Sturgeon's BBCode Helper license is unknown. Use of this helper is however being phased out in favour of Markdown.
- Simple Cache for CodeIgniter is distributed under the GNU General Public License.
- ReCAPTCHA Library is copyright Google. CodeIgniter specific integration code is copyright Jon Trelfa.
- Any other included code (which I've missed) is licensed under the license it was originally released under (see source files for more information).
- Will consolidate and list these here in a future update if any.