MoveText plugin for Sublime Text 2
Select text and move it around using the keyboard, or setup a text "tunnel" to move code from one location to another.
- Using Package Control, install "MoveText"
Open the Sublime Text 2 Packages folder
- OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/
- Windows: %APPDATA%/Sublime Text 2/Packages/
- Linux: ~/.Sublime Text 2/Packages/
clone this repo
- Install keymaps for the commands (see Example.sublime-keymap for my preferred keys)
move_text_left: Moves the selected text one character to the left
move_text_right: Moves the selected text one character to the right
move_text_up: Moves the selected text one line up
move_text_down: Moves the selected text one line down
When moving text up and down, funny things happen when the destination line doesn't have enough preceding characters. It looks like this:
1. one*dragme* 1. one 1. one 1. one 2. two 2. two*dragme* 2. two 2. two 3. 3. 3. *dragme* 3. 4. four 4. four 4. four 4. *dragme*four
Once the text gets forced to the 0th column, it stays there. I would like to add a mechanism that saves the initial column, but I'm not sure how it would be reset.