an easy event management rsvp tool for Contempo Media.
This is a simple event management tool built for Contempo Media.
- Automatically approve guests whose emails are on our approved guest list, add them to db table and send them a confirmation email
- Pull in more information about the user from our guest list and store in db table
- Add unknown RSVPs to a separate table
- Allow Contempo staff to view unknown RSVPs and either approve or deny them for the event
- Allow Contempo staff members to upload the approved guest list
- Allow Contempo staff to manually set the kind of event RSVP Type
- If desired, let anyone rsvp for an email
How to Use
1. Clone the repo & install dependencies
cd into the directory and run the following commands:
2. Rename the sql files
- Replace the **** with corresponding event name, e.g. rsvp_coach_0917.
- Import into phpMyAdmin.
3. Update the config-sample.php and .env.sample files found in the config directory
- Add the appropriate database env info for local and prod
- Update BASE_URL env to match url folder on local and prod
- Update db table names to match the sql files edited previously
- Update event email info
- Rename to config.php
4. Edit Event Info
- Open event-info.php
- Add pertinent event info based off of invite design
- Coordinate with art if required. Some times it's easier to include some of this info as an one svg rather than html.
- Update Sponosor logos
5. Style page as necessary
- Open main.scss in the styles directory
- Edit sass files as needed
6. Update confirmation emails
- In email.class.php, ensure email functions are sending the appropriate copy to the guests and to staff
- work with Art to update assets in the inc/emails directory
- are the correct staff members receiving the unknown notifications, if applicable?
7. Prepare list
- Make sure the CSV columns match the columns in rsvp.class.php and db.class.php
- Guest Of, First Name, Last Name, Company, Prof Level, Email, Email Lowercase, Gender, VIP Type
- Lowercase Email field is essential as it ensures a perfect match when user submits the form
8. Set Partner RSVP
- If partners want to invite guests but won't provide their emails, rename the Open directory to the name of the partner
- change the PARTNER_RSVP constant to TRUE
Make sure the event is functioning as intended with these manual test
1. List Upload & RSVP Type Change
- Did the list Upload correctly? It should be in Admin/List/event-list.csv
- is the RSVP Type changing in the DB? Are the messages displaying as expected?
2. Match: Single RSVP and Guest RSVPs
- Are Match RSVPs functioning correctly? Added the the main dbTable, sent the appropriate email?
3. Unknown: Single RSVPs and Guest RSVPs
- Are Unknown RSVPs being added to the Unknown dbTable? What confirmation message is displayed?
4. Duplicate Submissions
- Duplicate entries should not be permitted. An 'Already Registered' confirmation screen should display.
5. Unknwnr: Approved
- Approve someone from Unknwnr. Are they moved into main dbTable?
- What email is sent?
6. Unknwnr: Denied
- Reject someone from Unknwnr. Are they removed from the Unknown dbTable?
- What email is sent?
7. Partner RSVP Landing Page