CMFBibliographyAT is the Archetypes based version of CMFBibliograhy. It enables handling of references to (scientific) publications in Plone. It provides a 'Bibliography Folder' content type dedicated to holding reference objects of various kinds, like for 'articles', 'books', 'preprints', 'techreports', contributions to collections, ... The folder supports import/export of BibTeX formated files.
In addition the package adds a 'bibliography' action to the portal tabs and it provides a BibliographyTool called 'portal_bibliography' through which you can manage the renderers and parsers for the import/export functionality.
1.1.x is only to be used with Plone 3.x and 1.2.x is only to be used with Plone 4.x and up.
eggsoption of your buildout.cfg file and re-run buildout.
- Either choose the
CMFBibliographyATextension profile while creating a new Plone site or install it through the add-on control panel within the Plone UI.
What it does
CMFBibliography provides various new content types:
- Bibliography Entries: Highly structured content objects to hold bibliographic data referencing a publication. The schema is derived from BibTeX (LaTeX's bibliography handling module).
- Bibliography Folder: Enhanced 'Skinned Folder' with some import/import functionality (available through the 'import' tab).
Allowed content types are restricted to reference types.
Currently supported import formats are 'BibTeX', 'Endnote', 'RIS', 'Medline' and XML/MODS. Check out the accompanying files in 'import_samples' to see this in action.
Currently supported export formats: BibTeX (but see below), 'Endnote', 'RIS' and 'XML/MODS'.
Under the folder's 'defaults' tab you can (i) specify default links for authors of references with the folder and (ii) define a ranking for the references within the folder. Through the ranking it is possible to control which references will be returned when "asking" the folder for its 'Top(n)' references (see the bibliography folder's source code for more).
In addition CMFBibliographyAT adds two field indexes ('Authors' and 'publication_year') and three meta data fields ('Authors', 'publication_year', and 'Source') to the portal catalog (if not present) to provide the 'bibliography' action which is added to the portal tabs (if you don't want this, go to 'portal_bibliography > Actions' and tick off its visibility).
- Bibutils (optional) http://www.scripps.edu/~cdputnam/software/bibutils to extend the range of supported import/output formats. Bibutils is mandatory for any kind of export/import. Minimum version is Bibutils 4.6.
- Plone 3 or Plone 4
- Bugtracker: http://plone.org/products/cmfbibliographyat/issues
- For questions or for giving feedback: please ask on the plone-biblio mailing list: https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/mailman/listinfo/plone-biblio
- Raphael Ritz (original author)
- Andreas Jung (current maintainer)
- Jens Klein (contributions)
- The CMFBiblibgraphyAT 1.0/1.1 releases were made possible with funding of the Humboldt University, Berlin