This add-on contains core controller to build gallery addons for Plone.
The goals are:
- Have a simple photo fetchers component in one API
- Support many photos providers (picasa, flickr, ...)
- Stay as simple as possible
How to install
This addon can be installed as any other addon. Please follow the official documentation.
Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know by opening a support ticket.
State of the current master on github by travis-ci:
Upgrade from 1.X
Note: for those who came from 1.X this addon dont provide UX anymore. This addon is now intended to integrator. Please consider use collective.galleria as a great gallery viewer for Plone.
Note that Galleriffic is not maintained. This is one of the reason why I have removed UX from this package. jQuery gallery appear and disapear every day.
- No custom content type, only views
- Works with lots of photos (is developed to work with +300 photos)
- Ramcache setup with a default key to one hours + modification date
- Works with Folder, Topic and Link content types
- picasaweb and flickr support.
- facebook support.
- I18N: english, french, german and italian are available
collective.gallery use zope.components to provide as much reusable components as possible.
First we have photo resources. Plone already manage this for you:
- Folder can contains Image
- Topic can be criterized to list only Image content type
- Link can be sources of photos throw picasaweb.google.com and flickr.com services.
Next you have the main component: IGallery. This interface is implemented at two levels:
- As named adapter over IATLink to get photos from picasaweb or flickr or facebook.
- As browserview to control the resource (@@gallery)
Folder & Image
Folder and Image content type can be used to build a gallery. Add a folder and then add every images in it. Once its done come up to the folder and choose 'Gallery view' in the display drop down menu and voila.
The folder gallery component query the portal_catalog and adapts brains to IPhoto.
Topic & Image
Topic can be used to build a gallery. Add a topic and add criteria on the Type to select only Image. Next choose the 'Gallery view' in the drop down menu and voila.
The topic gallery component use the topic's queryCatalog method to get brains, then they are adapted to IPhoto
Link can be used to build a gallery. Add a link, set URL to one of the following services, validate and choose the 'Gallery view' in the drop down menu and voila.
The link gallery component get all named adapters from Link to IGallery and call the validate method. The first validated adapter is kept as resources.
In Plone, just paste the share link provided by picasaweb inside a Link content type and display your link content with the view 'Gallery view' available in the drop down display menu.
- SIZES : 32, 48, 64, 72, 104, 144, 150, 160, 94, 110, 128, 200, 220, 288, 320,
- 400, 512, 576, 640, 720, 800, 912, 1024, 1152, 1280, 1440, 1600
All metadatas are supported
Link supported are:
In Plone, just paste the share link provided by flickr inside a Link content type and display your link content with the view gallery available in the drop down display menu.
Flickr service is not album centric but photo centric. Supported case:
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/autowitch/sets/107460 It is an album, no problem
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbpdesigner We have the username, return all photos
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/searchtags/123,456 We return the photos of a search on the comma separated list of tags
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbpdesigner/searchtags/123,456 We return the photos of a search on the comma separated list of tags; for that specific user
In Plone as with other link you just have to paste the link inside a Link content type.
The album must be public. Links supported are:
- http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.ALBUMID.OTHERID.STHELSE (the url must contains 5 dots)
IPhoto.description metadata is not supported
You have some examples of addons based on this one:
Extra addons to use with collective.gallery:
You want more ?
The picasaweb and flickr services let you embed a flash slideshow to display your photos. Views are already available to use those services:
But they are not integrated in the Plone UI.