Table of Contents
A content type, workflow and portlet for conducting online polls, for anonymous and logged-in users.
Got an idea? Found a bug? Let us know by opening a support ticket.
To enable this product in a buildout-based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add
collective.pollsto the list of eggs to install:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.polls
If you are using Plone 4.2 you need to add the following also:
[versions] ... collective.js.jqueryui = 220.127.116.11
After updating the configuration you need to run ''bin/buildout'', which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the 'Site Setup' page in a Plone site and click on the 'Add-ons' link.
Check the box next to ''collective.polls'' and click the 'Activate' button.
You may have to empty your browser cache and save your resource registries in order to see the effects of the product installation.
- Polls can be opened for anonymous users to vote
- If an open poll is allowed for anonymous but is inside a private folder, nobody can vote. Therefore the poll's parent folder needs to be published before opening the poll in order for this field to take effect
- Voting can take place either in the object or in a voting portlet;
- The voting portlet can show the latest open poll or ab specific open poll and closed polls
- Users can see partial results of the poll
- Results can be shown using a bar chart, a pie chart, or just by number of votes
- Polls can have relations with other content in the site
The workflow associated with polls has the following states: 'Private', 'Pending review', 'Open' and 'Closed'.
- Polls are created in 'Private' state; only Owner, Manager, Editor or Site Administrator roles can modify them.
- When a poll is in 'Private' state it can be sent to 'Pending review' or directly to 'Open' state, if the user has the proper role (Reviewer, Manager or Site Administrator).
- When a poll is in 'Pending review' state it can be edited by Manager, Editor, Reviewer or Site Administrator roles.
- A poll in 'Pending review' state can be sent to 'Open' state, with "Review portal content" permission, or to Private, with "Request review" permission.
- When the poll is 'Open' users can only vote; nobody can modify the poll in any way.
- An 'Open' poll can be sent to 'Private' or 'Closed' state by Reviewer, Manager or Site Administrator roles.
- When an 'Open' poll is sent to 'Private', all votes are removed to avoid data manipulation.
- When a poll is in 'Closed' state nobody can modify it, nor can anyone vote on it; a closed poll can always be reopened by usera with proper permissions.
- Plone PoPoll
- A very old an unmaintained product, PoPoll includes a poll tool that allows member or anonymous to vote for one or more answers. A portlet is provided. It can be configured to display the last poll, or the first poll of a folder. After the vote statistics screens are shown.