A content type, workflow, and portlet for conducting online polls, for anonymous and logged-in users.
- Plone >= 4.1.x (http://plone.org/products/plone)
- Dexterity >= 1.1 (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.app.dexterity)
- Polls can be open for anonymous users to vote
- Voting can take place in the object or in a voting portlet
- The voting portlet shows automatically the latest open poll or a specific open poll
- Users can see partial results of the poll
- Results can be shown using a bar chart, a pie chart, or just by number of votes
The workflow associated with polls has the following states: Private, Pending review, Open and Closed.
- Polls are created in Private state; only Owner, Manager, Editor or Site Administrator roles can modify them
- When a poll is Private it can be sent to Pending review or directly to Open, if the user has the proper role (Reviewer, Manager, Site Administrator)
- When a poll is Pending review it can be edited by Manager, Editor, Reviewer or Site Administrator roles
- A poll in Pending review can be sent to Open, with "Review portal content" permission, or to Private, with "Request review" permission
- When the poll is Open, people can only vote; nobody can modify the poll in any way
- An Open poll can be sent to Private or Closed state by Reviewer, Manager or Site Administrator roles
- When a poll is Closed nobody can modify it, nor can anyone vote on it; there is no way to reopen a closed poll