Table of Contents
A content type, workflow and portlet for conducting online polls, both for anonymous and logged-in users.
- Polls can be opened for anonymous users to vote;
- If an open poll is allowed for anonymous but is inside a private folder, nobody can vote. Therefore the poll's parent folder needs to be published before opening the poll in order for this field to take effect;
- Voting can take place either in the object or in a voting portlet;
- The voting portlet can show the latest open poll or ab specific open poll and closed polls;
- Users can see partial results of the poll;
- Results can be shown using a bar chart, a pie chart, or just by number of votes;
- Polls can have relations with other content in the site.
The workflow associated with polls has the following states: Private, Pending review, Open and Closed.
- Polls are created in Private state, so only Owner, Manager, Editor or Site Administrator roles can modify them);
- When a poll is Private it can be sent to Pending review or directly to Open state, if the user has the proper role (Reviewer, Manager, Site Administrator);
- When a poll is Pending review it can be edited by Manager, Editor, Reviewer or Site Administrator roles;
- A poll in Pending review can be sent to Open, with "Review portal content" permission, or to Private, with "Request review" permission;
- When the poll is Open people can only vote; nobody can modify the poll in any way;
- An Open poll can be sent to Private or Closed state by Reviewer, Manager or Site Administrator roles;
- When an Open poll is sent to Private, all votes are removed to avoid data manipulation;
- When a poll is Closed nobody can modify it, nor can anyone vote on it; there is no way to reopen a closed poll.
Got an idea? Found a bug? Let us know by opening a support ticket.