This package is a Plone add-on that provides integration with siteimprove.com, a service for maintaining and improving website content. Siteimprove provides customers with automated scans of their websites which check for content quality, accessibility compliance, SEO, and performance. The add-on gives content editors immediate feedback on the quality of pages that they publish, with a summary report provided in a page overlay and links to more details. This lets Siteimprove customers see problems while they are in the process of editing a page on their Plone site, instead of getting emailed a report after the fact and needing to click through links to fix things.
collective.siteimprove provides the integration with Siteimprove's CMS plugin API that is required to provide these features. The only thing Plone admins need to do is install the add-on and configure a Siteimprove token.
For more information on using Siteimprove within Plone, see How to navigate the Siteimprove CMS Plugin.
- Control panel for requesting and saving a siteimprove.com token
- Siteimprove overlay button shows for authorized users on all default views
- Overlay button provides link to login/logoout to Siteimprove account
- Overlay button can show summary info for the domain or info for the page you are on, for publicly visible content
- Overlay button provides link to manually trigger page recheck action
- Overlay button provides link to re-crawl site
- Publishing or saving a published page triggers recheck action
This add-on creates a new permission "collective.siteimprove: Use Siteimprove" (zcml id "collective.siteimprove.UseSiteimprove") for viewing Siteimprove screens and requesting content scans. This permission is assigned to the "Editor", "Reviewer", "Site Administrator", and "Manager" roles by default. Those assignments can be changed via the ZMI or custom code.
Install collective.siteimprove by adding it to your buildout:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.siteimprove
and then running
Install the Add-on from the Plone Add-ons control panel under Site Setup. Then go to the Siteimprove control panel and request a new token (or paste in an existing one), and save.
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/collective/collective.siteimprove/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/collective/collective.siteimprove
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.