EEA Relations package redefines relations in Plone. Right now in Plone any object can be in relation with any other object. EEA Relations lets you to define possible relations between objects. EEA Relations also comes with a nice, customizable faceted navigable popup for relations widget.
Once installed from "Add-ons", the package will add an utility called "Possible relations" under control panel.
Main goal of EEA Relations is to be an alternative to the default Plone related item widget.
EEA Relations features:
- Define/restrict what kind of content types a certain content can relate to
- Set restrictions on possible relations (e.g. relations can be made only with published content)
- You can define easy to use faceted searches (using EEA Faceted navigation) on the relate items popup
- Nice visual diagram showning all the relations and restrictions you defined (Control pane -> Possible relations)
Update your buildout.cfg file:
eea.relationsto the list of eggs to install
- Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug
[instance] ... eggs = ... eea.relations zcml = ... eea.relations
Re-run buildout, e.g. with:
You can skip the ZCML slug if you are going to explicitly include the package from another package's configure.zcml file.
Once you install the package from control panel "Add-ons", the package will add an utility called "Possible relations" under control panel from where you can start define the relations, the constraints between contents etc.
EEA Relations has the following dependencies:
graphviz$ yum install graphviz $ apt-get install graphviz
The Initial Owner of the Original Code is European Environment Agency (EEA). All Rights Reserved.
The EEA Relations (the Original Code) is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
More details under docs/License.txt
EEA - European Environment Agency (EU)