Collection of color spaces conversions & data.
import space from 'color-space'; //convert lab to lch var result = space.lab.lch([80,50,60]);
Spaces can be imported separately:
import rgb from 'color-space/rgb.js'; import hsl from 'color-space/hsl.js'; //convert rgb to hsl rgb.hsl([200,230,100]);
<fromSpace>.<toSpace>(array); <space>.name //space name <space>.min //channel minimums <space>.max //channel maximums <space>.channel //channel names <space>.alias //alias space names
- RGB — additive color model based on red, green and blue primary colors.
- HSL — cylindrical-coordinates representation of RGB.
- HSV, HSB
- HSI — used for computer vision due to better separation of shapes in an image, comparing to HSL/HSB.
- XYY (YXY)
- TSL – color space designed for face detection purpose.
- Coloroid — color space for architects and visual constructors, Hungarian Standard MSZ 7300 since 2000.
- OSA-UCS — accurately reprsenting uniform color differences, developed by the Optical Society of America’s Committee on Uniform Color Scales.
- LMS — represents sensitivity of the human eye to Long, Medium and Short wavelengths.
- Cubehelix — colormaps for data visualization.
- US Federal Standard 595
- YES — computationally effective color space for face recognition.
- British Standard Colour
- RG chromacity
- CIE DSH
Please fork, add color space with basic conversions to/from XYZ or RGB and tests. The goal of the project is the most complete set of color spaces with minimal uniform API.
Thanks to all scientists, who devoted their time to color research and conveyed their knowledge, for now we can use their formulas and code.
- color-api - color API proposal by Lea Verou