- Replaced the locking behaviour via lockfile gem with plain Ruby explicit file locking when merging results. This should make simplecov merging to behave well on Windows again. See #258 and #223 (thanks to @tomykaira)
v0.8.1, 2013-11-10 (changes)
- Fixed a regression introduced in 0.8.0 - the Forwardable STDLIB module is now required explicitly. See #256 (thanks to @kylev)
v0.8.0, 2013-11-10 (changes)
Note: Yanked the same day because of the regression that 0.8.1 fixes, see above
It's been way too long since the last official release 0.7.1, but this was partly due to it proving itself quite stable in most circumstances. This release brings various further stability improvements to result set merging (especially when working with parallel_tests), the configuration, source file encodings, and command name guessing.
The 0.8 line is the last one to cooperate with Ruby < 1.9. Starting with 0.9, SimpleCov will assume to be running in Ruby 1.9+, and will not try to detect or bail silently on older Ruby versions. An appropriate deprecation warning has been added.
- Configuration blocks now have access to variables and methods outside of the block's scope. See #238 (thanks to @ms-tg)
- You can now have a global
~/.simplecovconfiguration file. See #195 (thanks to @spagalloco)
- simplecov-html now uses the MIT-licensed colorbox plugin. Some adjustments when viewing source files, including retaining the currently open file on refresh have been added. See simplecov-html #15 (thanks to @chetan)
- Adds support for Rails 4 command guessing, removes default group
vendor/plugins. See #181 and #203 (thanks to @semanticart and @phallstrom)
- You can now load simplecov without the default settings by doing
require 'simplecov/no_defaults'or setting
simplecov/defaultsto see what preconfigurations are getting dropped by using this. See #209 (thanks to @ileitch)
- The result set merging now uses the
lockfilegem to avoid race conditions. See #185 (thanks to @jshraibman-mdsol).
- Automatically detect the usage of parallel_tests and adjust the command name with the test env number accordingly, See #64 and #185 (thanks to @jshraibman-mdsol).
- Rename adapters to "profiles" given that they are bundles of settings. The old adapter methods are deprecated, but remain available for now. See #207 (thanks to @mikerobe)
- Tweaks to the automatic test suite naming. In particular,
rspec/featuresshould now be correctly attributed to RSpec, not Cucumber. See #212 (thanks to @ersatzryan and @betelgeuse)
- MiniTest should now be identified correctly by the command name guesser. See #244 (thanks to @envygeeks)
- Makes SimpleCov resilient to inclusion of mathn library. See #175 and #140 (thanks to @scotje)
- Allow coverage_dir to be an absolute path.
- See #190 (thanks to @jshraibman-mdsol)
- The internal cucumber test suite now uses Capybara 2. See #206 (thanks to @infertux)
- Work-arounds for the Coverage library shipped in JRuby 1.6 to behave in line with MRI. See #174 (thanks to @grddev)
- Fix warning: instance variable @exit_status not initialized. See #242 and #213 (thanks to @sferik and @infertux)
- Correct result calculations for people using :nocov: tags. See #215 (thanks to @aokolish)
- Average hits per line for groups of files is now computed correctly. See #192 and #179 (thanks to @graysonwright)
- Compatability with BINARY internal encoding. See #194 and #127 (thanks to @justfalter)
- Special characters in
SimpleCov.rootare now correctly escaped before being used as a RegExp. See #204 and #237 (thanks to @rli9)
v0.7.1, 2012-10-12 (changes)
- [BUGFIX] The gem packages of 0.7.0 (both simplecov and simplecov-html) pushed to Rubygems had some file permission issues, leading to problems when installing SimpleCov in a root/system Rubygems install and then trying to use it as a normal user (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/171, thanks @envygeeks for bringing it up). The gem build process has been changed to always enforce proper permissions before packaging to avoid this issue in the future.
v0.7.0, 2012-10-10 (changes)
- [FEATURE] The new
minimum_coveragenow allow you to fail your build when the coverage dropped by more than what you allowed or is below a minimum value required. Also,
refuse_coverage_dropdisallows any coverage drops between test runs. See https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/pull/151, https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/11, https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/90, and https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/96 (thanks to @infertux)
- [FEATURE] SimpleCov now ships with a built-in MultiFormatter which allows the easy usage of multiple result formatters at the same time without the need to write custom wrapper code. See https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/pull/158 (thanks to @nikitug)
- [BUGFIX] The usage of digits, hyphens and underscores in group names could lead to broken tab navigation in the default simplecov-html reports. See https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov-html/pull/14 (thanks to @ebelgarts)
- [REFACTORING] A few more ruby warnings removed. See https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/106 and https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/pull/139. (thanks to @lukejahnke)
- A Pledgie button for those that feel generous :)
- The usual bunch of README fixes and documentation tweaks. Thanks to everyone who contributed those!
v0.6.4, 2012-05-10 (changes)
- [BUGFIX] Encoding issues with ISO-8859-encoded source files fixed. See https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/pull/117. (thanks to @Deradon)
- [BUGFIX] Ensure ZeroDivisionErrors won't occur when calculating the coverage result, which previously could happen in certain cases. See https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/pull/128. (thanks to @japgolly)
- [REFACTORING] Changed a couple instance variable lookups so SimpleCov does not cause a lot of warnings when running ruby at a higher warning level. See https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/106 and https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/pull/119. (thanks to @mvz and @gioele)
v0.6.3, 2012-05-10 (changes)
- [BUGFIX] Modified the API-changes for newer multi_json versions introduced with #122 and v0.6.2 so they are backwards-compatible with older multi_json gems in order to avoid simplecov polluting the multi_json minimum version requirement for entire applications. See https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/132
- Added appraisal gem to the test setup in order to run the test suite against both 1.0 and 1.3 multi_json gems and ensure the above actually works :)
v0.6.2, 2012-04-20 (changes)
- [Updated to latest version of MultiJSON and its new API (thanks to @sferik and @ronen). See https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/pull/122
v0.6.1, 2012-02-24 (changes)
- [BUGFIX] Don't force-load Railtie on Rails < 3. Fixes regression introduced with #83. See https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/113
v0.6.0, 2012-02-22 (changes)
- [FEATURE] Auto-magic
rake simplecovtask for rails (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/pull/83, thanks @sunaku)
- [BUGFIX] Treat source files as UTF-8 to avoid encoding errors (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/pull/103, thanks @joeyates)
- [BUGFIX] Store the invoking terminal command right after loading so they are safe from other libraries tampering with ARGV. Among other makes automatic Rails test suite splitting (Unit/Functional/Integration) work with recent rake versions again (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/110)
- [FEATURE] If guessing command name from the terminal command fails, try guessing from defined constants (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/commit/37afca54ef503c33d888e910f950b3b943cb9a6c)
- Some refactorings and cleanups as usual. Please refer to the github compare view for a full list of changes: https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/compare/v0.5.4...v0.6.0
v0.5.4, 2011-10-12 (changes)
- Do not give exit code 0 when there are exceptions prior to tests (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/41, thanks @nbogie)
- The API for building custom filter classes is now more obvious, using #matches? instead of #passes? too. (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/85, thanks @robinroestenburg)
- Mailers are now part of the Rails adapter as their own group (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/79, thanks @geetarista)
- Removed fix for JRuby 1.6 RC1 float bug because it's been fixed (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/86)
- Readme formatted in Markdown :)
v0.5.3, 2011-09-13 (changes)
- Fix for encoding issues that came from the nocov processing mechanism (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/71)
:nocov: lines are now actually being reflected in the HTML report and are marked in yellow.
The Favicon in the HTML report is now determined by the overall coverage and will have the color that the coverage percentage gets as a css class to immediately indicate coverage status on first sight.
Introduced SimpleCov::SourceFile::Line#status method that returns the coverage status as a string for this line - made SimpleCov::HTML use that.
- Refactored nocov processing and made it configurable using SimpleCov.ncov_token (or it's alias SimpleCov.skip_token)
v0.5.2, 2011-09-12 (changes)
- Another fix for a bug in JSON processing introduced with MultiJSON in 0.5.1 (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/pull/75, thanks @sferik)
v0.5.1, 2011-09-12 (changes)
Note: Yanked 2011-09-12 because the MultiJSON-patch had a crucial bug
Fix for invalid gemspec dependency string (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/pull/70, http://blog.rubygems.org/2011/08/31/shaving-the-yaml-yacc.html, thanks @jspradlin)
Added JSON in the form of the multi_json gem as dependency for those cases when built-in JSON is unavailable (see https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/72 and https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/pull/74, thanks @sferik)
v0.5.0, 2011-09-09 (changes)
Note: Yanked 2011-09-09 because of trouble with the gemspec.
JSON is now used instead of YAML for resultset caching (used for merging). Should resolve a lot of problems people used to have because of YAML parser errors.
There's a new adapter 'test_frameworks'. Use it outside of Rails to remove
autotest/dirs from your coverage reports, either directly with
SimpleCov.start 'test_frameworks'or with
SimpleCov configuration can now be placed centrally in a text file
.simplecov, which will be automatically read on
require 'simplecov'. This makes using custom configuration like groups and filters across your test suites much easier as you only have to specify your config once. Just put the whole
SimpleCov.start (...)code into
Lines can now be skipped by using the :nocov: flag in comments that wrap the code that should be skipped, like in this example (thanks @phillipkoebbe)
#:nocov: def skipped @foo * 2 end #:nocov:
Moved file set coverage analytics from simplecov-html to SimpleCov::FileList, a new subclass of Array that is always returned for SourceFile lists (i.e. in groups) and can now be used in all formatters without the need to roll your own.
The exceptions you used to get after removing some code and re-running your tests because SimpleCov couldn't find the cached source lines should be resolved (thanks @goneflyin)
Coverage strength metric: Average hits/line per source file and result group (thanks @trans)
Finally, SimpleCov has an extensive Cucumber test suite
Full compatibility with Ruby 1.9.3.preview1
- The display of source files has been improved a lot. Weird scrolling trouble, out-of-scope line hit counts and such should be a thing of the past. Also, it is prettier now.
- Source files are now syntax highlighted
- File paths no longer have that annoying './' in front of them