You must know the node password for the environment that you want to switch users in.
The environment must have Switch User functionality enabled (PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > PeopleTools Options). The
Enable Switch Uservalue must be set to
Some. If the value is set to
Some, then you need to check the
Allow Switch Userbox on the User Profile (PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > User Profiles) for the users that you want to switch between.
How to Use
- Input the node password
- Input the User ID that you want to switch to and click OK
The page will refresh and you will be authenticated as the new user if the script was successful.
tip: If you do not want to input the node password each time, then you can hardcode the password on this line of the code.
- This utility is unable to work with certain formats of the PS_TOKEN. If you have an unsupported format, then the script will output
Invalid or unsupported token format.
- If you are taken to the login page with the message
Illegal identity switch has been detected by the System. Please re-loginafter invoking the script, then it possible that the user you are logged in as does not have
- If the new user session does not kick in after invoking the script, then ensure that the User ID is valid and is not locked out.
- If you have a PS_TOKEN cookie in the browser, but receive the message
PS_TOKEN cookie not detected in browser., then ensure the
HTTPOnlysetting is disabled for the PS_TOKEN cookie under the
Cookie Rulestab of the Web Profile.