Colyseus is a Authoritative Multiplayer Game Server for Node.js. It allows you to focus on your gameplay instead of bothering about networking.
This framework is fairly new and is being evolved constantly. You're encouraged to take a look on some games being developed with it and make your own!
What Colyseus provides to you:
- WebSocket-based communication
- Simple API in the server-side and client-side.
- Automatic state synchronization between server and client.
- Matchmaking clients into game sessions
- Scale vertically or horizontally
What Colyseus won't provide:
- Game Engine: Colyseus is agnostic of the engine you're using. Need Physics? Add your own logic / package.
- Database: It's up to you to configure and select which database you'd like to use.
See roadmap for our future plans.
Official client integration
- Defold Engine (defold.com)
- Haxe (haxe.org)
- Cocos2d-x (cocos2d-x.org)
- Construct 3 (construct3.net)
- Unity (unity3d.com)
- @colyseus/monitor - A Web Monitoring Panel for Colyseus
- @colyseus/loadtest - Utility tool for load testing Colyseus.
Community client integration
See the official examples for usage reference with the latest version of Colyseus.
- Colyseus + PixiJS Boilerplate (source-code) - Simplistic agar.io implementation using PixiJS
- Tic Tac Toe (source-code) - Simple Tic Tac Toe using PixiJS
- (outdated: v0.8.x) tanx (source-code) - Multiplayer tanks game, originally from PlayCanvas
- (outdated: v0.4.x) React Example (source-code) - Example integrating with ReactJS
- (outdated: v0.3.x) LD35 entry: dotower (source-code) - Simple experimental MOBA using PixiJS
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
Kyle J. Kemp
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind are welcome!
We encourage you to contribute to Colyseus! Please check out the Contributing guide for guidelines about how to proceed. Join us!
Everyone interacting in Colyseus and its sub-projects' codebases, issue trackers and chat rooms is expected to follow the code of conduct.