The purpose of this file is to give a high-level overview of planned features. The intent is to communicate the relative priority of these features. See this as a hopeful wishlist, rather than an exact timeline or promise, since it's difficult to predict how long some features may take to implement.
In the next month (Oct 2019)
- Interactive editing mode, a la codemod.
- Official support for match rules that contain hole syntax. This needs planning to document and test the desired semantics.
- Matching support for arbitrary tagged delimiters, like HTML
- Switching horizontal/vertical layout in comby.live.
- Work out matching semantics for "first argument" in common functon syntax.
In the coming 3 to 6 months (Oct 2019 - Feb 2020)
- Indentation-sensitive support.
- Nested rewrite rules and a semantics defining the interaction with match rules.
- A more efficient rewrite of the parser engine