React Chat App With Typing Indicator Using CometChat PRO
This sample app shows how to build a React chat application using CometChat Pro SDK that will show typing indicator when another user is typing a message
Jump straight into the code or read the accompanying step-by-step guide here on our blog.
This demo uses:
- Typing animation in CSS by Jimmy Yoon
Running the demo locally
- Download the repository here or run
git clone https://github.com/cometchat-pro-tutorials/react-typing-indicators.git
- In the
- You need to sign up for CometChat PRO and create your application first
- Create an ApiKey. You can use auth-only permission for this application
- Create a Group from the dashboard
- Create a
.envfile in the root folder of the project and paste the following content in it:
REACT_APP_COMETCHAT_API_KEY=YOUR_API_KEY REACT_APP_COMETCHAT_APP_ID=YOUR_APP_ID REACT_APP_COMETCHAT_GUID=YOUR_GROUP_GUID
YOUR_GROUP_GUID with your API KEY, APP ID and GUID as obtained from your CometChat dashboard.