What is Strongbox?
Strongbox is a software that protects websites from stolen passwords, password sharing, brute force attacks. strongbox
Who should use Strongbox?
Any organization that requires a secure authentication (a secure login page).
Strongbox is designed for websites that require a secure login system, especially when there are customers that pay for access premium content like
- Online News Subscriptions (Newspapers and Magazines)
- Financial Institutions (Internet Banking).
- Paid Software Companies.
- Digital Media.
- Virtually any website with a “My account” section where it is important that only one person can get access to it.
Strongbox Features and Benefits
- Replaces insecure login systems like Apache’s basic authentication with a strong protection.
- Provides a customizable login page with instructions for your users.
- Protects web applications and their subscribers from brute force attacks (thousands of username & password guessing by hackers from lots of locations, incredibly quickly, causing serious problems like slow/down websites or data breaches).
- Allows webmasters restrict logins by country.
- Stops account sharing: it suspends usernames if they are used from several locations (different networks or countries).
- Secure Single Sign-On (SSO): secure links between Strongbox protected websites.
- Webmaster and developer friendly.
- It uses an optional advanced Human Verification system (CAPTCHA), that appears only after a login failure occurs.
- Provides a web Interface for webmasters for Reports and Member Management.