COMIC Django Frontend
This repository contains the Django-based web frontend for the COMIC project. "COMIC" stands for Consortium for Open Medical Image Computing.
You can fetch a copy by cloning the git repository:
git clone git://github.com/comic/comic-django.git
You can then install the requirements into your python environment with:
pip install -r requirements.txt
You can run the tests by invoking:
python app/manage.py test
Getting the framework up and running
The easiest way is to use the provided docker compose file. Simply invoke:
docker-compose up --build
You will then be able run comic at https://localhost:4443 - note that we generate a self signed certificate as part of the build so you will need to accept the unsafe to continue warning.
All default configuration is set in ./comic/settings/00_default.conf To add your own configuration, create a file ./comic/settings/01_localsettings.conf. Any settings defined here will overwrite settings in the 00_default.conf file.
Some settings you might want to change:
- By default, any emails generated by the framework are not sent but printed to the console only. To send actual emails, set EMAIL_BACKEND
- If you use a hostname different from the initial "http://localhost" to call the framework, change the MAIN_HOST_NAME and ALLOWED_HOSTS settings
- Each project on the framework can reference files like images, stylesheets and downloadble datasets. These files are looked for in this location.
Here is a short list of urls which are useful to know:
- /admin # The admin of the framework, you can login in here with your superuser account.
- /accounts # Overview of all accounts
- /accounts/signin # Signin to an account
- /accounts/signup # Register an account
- /accounts/signout # Signout the current user