CommandoJS is a study on HTML5 canvas and audio capabilities implemented using CoffeeScript. It is also a nostalgic glimpse in the past in a form of Commodore 64 game "Commando".
The game uses MelonJS library for low level functionality (e.g. input handling, sprite drawing and camera handling).
Unit tests are implemented with QUnit.
Inspiration to create this game was gotten from couple of similar projects:
- Blitz Basic Commando Remake: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=90079
- HTML5 Command and Conquer: http://www.adityaravishankar.com/projects/games/command-and-conquer/
- Infinite Mario Bros. in HTML5: http://www.rawrbitrary.com/arcade/infinite-mario-bros-in-html5/
- Game has only rough implementation for level 1 of the game
- At the stage of the initial exposure, code is not optimized neither for performance nor beauty
- Unit tests are far from complete