Liferay Karaf compatibility layer (v 0.0.2)
The goal of this project it to make some of the cool Karaf's functionalities available in Liferay 7!
See "Wait, there is Gogo shell, why install another one?" for some ideas what you can do with it!
What does it add
- SSH into Karaf shell
- Karaf shell commands
- Init shell script executed at startup in each shell session
- Support for features
- Posix style custom commands with help and autocompletion (even for arguments and options)
WARNINIG: LIFERAY WILL SHUTDOWN IF ONE OF THE BUNDLES INSTALLED BY THIS EXTENSION IS LATER ON REMOVED!
One of the bundles delivered with this project (namely
com.commsen.liferay.karaf.extensionbundle) is OSGi framework extension bundle!
As per OSGi specification the framework
- MAY need to restart when such bundle is installed (Liferay uses Equinox which does not)
- MUST shutdown if such bundle is removed!
There are 2 options to get the artifact:
- Build it form source by cloning this repo and running
mvn package. Then look for
- Download it form releases page
The zip file contains bundles in
osgi/modules folder and configuration files in
Once you have
liferay-karaf-<VERSION>.zip simply extract it in your
<LIFERAY_7_HOME> folder! That's it!
The following configuration files are installed by this extension:
- branding-ssh.properties - Branding remote shell
- org.apache.karaf.features.cfg - Configuring features service
- org.apache.karaf.features.repos.cfg - Friendly names for features repositories
- org.apache.karaf.log.cfg - Configuring Karaf's logging format
- org.apache.karaf.shell.cfg - Configuring Karaf's shell (SSH host, port, etc.)
- org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg - Configuring Karaf's log appenders