Try it out now and get ready for the upcoming stable release
composer self-update --preview to try the latest RC version (2.x).
composer self-update --snapshot to try the latest dev build (2.x).
composer self-update --stable to go back to stable releases (1.x for now).
composer self-update --1 in CI/scripts if you want to pin Composer to 1.x until you are ready to migrate, this will ensure you stay on 1.x releases even once a 2.0 stable comes out.
- Added more advanced filtering to avoid loading all versions of all referenced packages when resolving dependencies, which should reduce memory usage further in some cases
- Added support for many new lib-* packages in the platform repository and improved version detection for some ext-* and lib-* packages
- Added an
--ask flag to
create-project command to make Composer prompt for the install dir name, useful for project install instructions
- Added support for tar in artifact repositories
- Added a
cache-read-only config option to make the cache usable in read only mode for containers and such
- Added better error reporting for a few more specific cases
- Added a new optional
available-package-patterns attribute for v2-format Composer repositories, see UPGRADE for details
- Fixed more PHP 8 compatibility issues
- Lots of minor bug fixes for regressions