Semver library that offers utilities, version constraint parsing and validation.
Originally written as part of composer/composer, now extracted and made available as a stand-alone library.
Install the latest version with:
$ composer require composer/semver
- PHP 5.3.2 is required but using the latest version of PHP is highly recommended.
Composer\Semver\Comparator class provides the following methods for comparing versions:
- greaterThan($v1, $v2)
- greaterThanOrEqualTo($v1, $v2)
- lessThan($v1, $v2)
- lessThanOrEqualTo($v1, $v2)
- equalTo($v1, $v2)
- notEqualTo($v1, $v2)
Each function takes two version strings as arguments and returns a boolean. For example:
use Composer\Semver\Comparator; Comparator::greaterThan('1.25.0', '1.24.0'); // 1.25.0 > 1.24.0
Composer\Semver\Semver class provides the following methods:
- satisfies($version, $constraints)
- satisfiedBy(array $versions, $constraint)
composer/semver is licensed under the MIT License, see the LICENSE file for details.