- Major version pushed to v4, reflecting ShellMenus removal which requires uninstalling.
- Updated userdata.dll to handle silent uninstalls and removed the dialog cancel button, as it implied rollback functionality. File deletion can always be stopped using the dialog close icon.
/PROXY=http_proxy urlparams for installation, which can additionally be saved using
and loaded with
/LOADINF. For uninstall
/DELETE=localwill remove only local data, while
/DELETE=allwill remove all user data.
- Added unattended/silent install and uninstall functionality, with
/SUPPRESSMSGBOXESparams, as per
Inno Setup documentation.
- Changed Settings page to display a list of existing php installations. The following system drive and user profile directories are searched first:
\bin\php\php*. Then it looks for specific (xampp, wamp, PhpEd) locations.
- Simpler error handling introduced, which recognizes common PHP errors and displays all php output received.
- Added a Proxy page for the user to enter an
http_proxyvalue, with a value pre-entered if a proxy is found in any registry Internet
Settings. The variable is then set in the User environment (but not deleted on Uninstall). The Proxy page is also shown if
http_proxyis already set or passed in as a param.
- Added a Security page for when openssl is disabled, with the option to not use it. Sets
disable-tlsflag for installer script
- Added installation logging, stored as
Setup Log YYYY-MM-DD #nnn.txtin the users temp directory. For admin installs, the log is deleted on reboot.
- Removed Shell Menus feature to simplify the setup and further development.
- Major version pushed to v3, reflecting changes below and the requirement to uninstall any existing installation (notified by the installer).
- Added optional Shell Menus context-menu handler, to allow Composer usage from Windows Explorer/File Manager. Not available pre-Vista.
- Added dialog requiring user to shutdown programs that are locking context-menu dll.
- Added Change feature to installer, to allow Composer reinstall and to add/remove context-menus.
- Changed installation directories to split files into application (shell, installer, uninstaller etc) and bin (composer.phar, shims) categories. For admin installs these are
%ProgramData%\ComposerSetup\bin. For user installs these are
%LOCALAPPDATA%\ComposerSetup\bin. The base folder name has been changed to ComposerSetup to avoid any conflicts in the Program Files directory.
- Previous-data added: shell menus installed (key : ShellExt).
- Previous-data added: application directory (key : AppDir).
- Previous-data added: bin directory (key : BinDir).
- Code signing added to all dlls for release versions.
- Thanks to cmenning for suggesting the context-menu handler.
- Added support for cygwin php.
- Removed Start menu entry (automatically upgraded when re-installing over an older version)
- Moved released versions back to Github now they have introduced a Releases feature.
- Minor code tweaks.
- Added an option to delete user data on uninstall. Uses a separate dll (userdata.dll) to get round Inno Setup limitations which provides a cancellable progress form and error report. Only user data found at default locations is deleted. Config entries that point elsewhere are displayed for information but not deleted, and neither is the config.json file. Config entries at project level are not reported. For Admin uninstalls user data is shown for all users, where it can be reliably found.
- Moved User installation directory from roaming folder to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\Composer\bin. This is automatically upgraded when re-installing over an older version.
- Fixed User uninstall not updating environment.
- Made the repo more collaborator-friendly by moving the exe and code-signing out, re-organizing the code and adding more in-line documentation.
- Moved released versions to Amazon S3 after the demise of Github Downloads.
- Many thanks to hakre for his reports and suggestions.
- Added proxy support. This checks for an
http_proxyenvironment variable and the user's registry settings at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings. It tries all the settings it finds, before falling back to a plain request. Sets
http_proxylocally for install.phar if a proxy was used. Note that authenticated proxies are only supported using an
- Reworked tests to incorporate proxy support.
- Minor tweaks and doc improvements.