repo to run background admin migrations of conda-forge feedstocks
How to Use this Repo
- Write a subclass of
admin_migrations.base.Migrator. You will need to fill out the
migratemethod. This method is called with the feedstock as the current working directory.
- Add your migration class to the list in
GitHub actions is set to run once an hour on a cron job.
Guidelines and Ground Rules
- Don't migrate more than several hundred feedstocks per hour.
- Make sure to put
[ci skip] [skip ci] [cf admin skip] ***NO_CI***in any commits to avoid massive rebuilds.
- Rate-limit commits to feedstocks to in order to reduce the load on our admin webservices.
- Test your migration first. The
https://github.com/conda-forge/cf-autotick-bot-test-package-feedstockis available to help test migrations.
- GitHub actions has a
GITHUB_TOKENin the environment. Please do not exhaust this token's API requests.
- Do not rerender feedstocks!
Items 1-3 are taken care of by the migrations code.