Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
Release on Jun 25, 2020
- Fix always_raise mapping issue.
- Fix _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP should be updated on ws_next_move/ws_prev_move.
- Fix focus redirect for transient windows that are about to map.
- Fix manual focus should not be affected by pointer on (un)grab.
- Add java detection for JetBrains windows.
- Remove _NET_WM_STATE on withdrawn windows as advised by EWMH spec.
- Add information to man page about program call execution.
Release on Jun 17, 2020
- Add optional startup parameters:
- -c file - Specify a configuration file to load instead of scanning for one.
- -v - Print version and exit.
- Add new
restart_of_dayaction. (Unbound by default.)
(Same as restart but configuration file is loaded in full.)
- Improve startup error handling.
- Fix input focus issues.
- Fix max layout 'flickering' issue when
focus_mode = follow.
- Fix withdrawn window handling.
- Fix focus issue when moving transient (and related) windows between workspaces.
- Fix maximized windows sometimes unmaximize on workspace switch.
- Fix transient window crossing issue on focus/swap next/prev actions.
- Fix border color issue when clicking to focus a window on an unfocused region.
- Fix width calculation of Xft glyphs.
(Fixes the (dis)appearing space when switching workspaces.)
- Increase bar hard limits to better accomodate complex markup sequences.
- Add workaround to man page for OSs ignoring
- Add some notes to man page and fix a warning.
- Add missing options to example spectrwm.conf.
- Update spectrwm_fr.conf
- linux: Add example baraction.sh script.
- linux: Accept user-provided pkg-config command.
- linux: Install examples.
Released on Dec 19, 2019
- Add new bar text markup sequences for multiple colors/fonts/sections.
- Add new
bar_font_puaoption to assign a font (such as an icon font) to the Unicode Private Use Area (U+E000 -> U+F8FF).
- Add support for XDG Base Directory Specification.
- Add OpenBSD pledge(2) support.
- Enable xinput2 on OpenBSD.
- Enable travis.
- Fix keysym binding issue with multiple keyboard layouts.
- Fix buffer overflow in
- Fix infinite loop due to unsigned integer overflow.
- Fix cygwin compile issues.
- Fix NetBSD Makefile.
- Bunch of statical analyzer fixes.
- Bunch of minor fixes.
Released on Sep 7, 2018
- Add new '+L' bar_format sequence to add a workspace list indicator to the bar.
- Add new 'workspace_indicator' option to configure the workspace indicator.
- Add new 'layout_vertical','layout_horizontal' and 'layout_max' actions. (Unbound by default.)
- Add new 'ws_empty_move' action. (Unbound by default.)
- Add support for high screen depth when creating frame/bar windows. (Compositing manager alpha transparency now works!)
- Add check to adapt move/resize update rate to the refresh rate of the active display(s).
- Add 'max' alias for the layout option value 'fullscreen' for consistency.
- Add CHANGELOG.md
- Fix warp_pointer issue when Coordinate Transformation Matrix is used. (Currently available on Linux and FreeBSD only.)
- Fix focus bar color on (re)start/screenchange.
- Fix libswmhack causing issues such as deadlocks with some programs.
- Fix config file parsing on musl libc.
- Fix slight pointer jump on move action.
- Fix segfault with missing FontSet charsets.
- Fix mdoc compliance.
- Add +R for region index to bar formatting.
- Add new bar_color_selected and bar_font_color_selected options.
- Add new 'ws_empty' action.
- Enable padding in the bar_format using '_' character
- Handle MappingNotify during startup.
- Reset SIGPIPE before execvp().
- Correct size for WM_STATE
This release also fixes a bunch of bugs, linux build and man page nits.
Quick patch release that addresses some fallout from going full reparenting.
We are proud to release spectrwm 3.0.0. Only one major new feature was added this release that should make spectrwm less quirky when using poorly written, old X11 and java applications. With the addition of reparenting spectrwm is now all grown up! In addition, spectrwm is now nearly ICCCM and EWMH compliant.
- Add Online manual
- Add fullscreen_toggle action (_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN)
- Send window to next/previous regions workspace
- Add support for _NET_REQUEST_FRAME_EXTENTS
As usual, a bunch of little, and not always obvious, fixes went in as well. See commit logs for details.