PHP library for the convertapi.com REST API.
NB. This library currently works with the old convertapi API, not the newer (v2) API. As it has been superseded and Baltsoft themselves released a PHP library for the newer API, I have archived this project.
ConvertApi is an online file conversion service for creating PDF and Images from various source files, such as Word documents, web pages and raw HTML. converapi-php provides a set of classes for using the ConvertApi service with PHP.
Development of this library is not in any way connected with Baltsoft Software.
Using the library is simple:
- Include the required concrete class ( include('Text2PDF.php'); )
- Instantiate the class ( $text2pdf = new ConvertAPI\Text2Pdf(); )
- Carry out the conversion using filesystem path for output ( $text2pdf->convert('/path/to/intput/file.txt', '/path/to/output/file.pdf'); )
- Carry out the conversion using function return for output ( $text2pdf->convert('/path/to/intput/file.txt'); )
The conversion will write the converted document to the given filesystem path and return verious details about the conversion (depending on the response from ConvertApi), or return a binary string representation of the document.
See example/example.php for a working example.
The library currently supports all the conversions available via convertapi.com.
Addition of new conversions is simply a matter of extending the abstract ConvertAPI class and
- $_apiUrl - the URL of the ConvertApi endpoint (see http://www.convertapi.com/ for details)
- $_validInputFormats - an array of document types (extensions) which can be converted
b) completing function __set() to handle additional valid parameters for the conversion being defined.