TikTok RSS Using GitHub OCTO Flat Data
NOTE January 2023: This is now working again due to an alternative TikTok library.
Generate usable RSS feeds from TikTok using GitHub OCTO Flat Data, GitHub Actions and GitHub Pages.
This uses a newer unoffical TikTokPy library to extract information about user videos from TikTok as JSON and generate RSS feeds for each user you are interested in.
To get your own instance running
- Fork this repo
- Enable GitHub Pages for your new repo
- Change the
ghPagesURLin postprocessing.py from "https://conoro.github.io/tiktok-rss-flat/" to your URL
- Add the TikTok usernames that you like to subscriptions.csv
- Make sure to enable Actions in the Actions tab
It's set to run once per hour and generates one RSS XML file per user in the rss output directory.
You then subscribe to each feed in Feedly or another feed reader using a GitHub Pages URL. Those URLs are constructed like so. E.g.:
- TikTok User = iamtabithabrown
- XML File = rss/iamtabithabrown.xml
- Feedly Subscription URL = https://conoro.github.io/tiktok-rss-flat/rss/iamtabithabrown.xml
- (Or in my case where I've set a custom domain for the GitHub Pages project called tiktokrss.conoroneill.com, the URL is https://tiktokrss.conoroneill.com/rss/iamtabithabrown.xml)
Logo was created using the TikTok and RSS Font Awesome icons via CC BY 4.0 License
Copyright Conor O'Neill, 2021 (email@example.com)
License Apache 2.0