A Serverless Lambda function in Node.js to generate a proper RSS feed for any channel on Vimeo, now that they have decided to not support the open web any more.
- More error handling
npm install -g serverless git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:conoro/vimeo-rss.git cd vimeo-rss npm install
- Go to https://developer.vimeo.com/, login and create an App for yourself only
- The Free Tier is fine
- Then create an Access Token with the option "Authenticated (You)"
- copy config-sample.js to config.js
- Paste the access token into the relevant place in config.js
- Then deploy:
Then subscribe to each Vimeo user in your RSS reader (like Feedly) using a URL like:
(Assumes you have your AWS config already setup)
- I used https://opml-gen.ovh/ to bulk import a big list of Vimeo user accounts in one go as an OPML file into Feedly
Copyright Conor O'Neill 2020, email@example.com