A Solidity runtime verification tool for property based testing.
Principles and Design Goals
The design of the Scribble specification language takes inspiration from several existing languages and we expect the language to evolve gradually as we gain more experience in using it. We rely on the following principles and design goals to guide language evolution:
- Specifications are easy to understand by developers and auditors
- Specifications are simple to reason about
- Specifications can be efficiently checked using off-the-shelf analysis tools
- A small number of core specification constructs are sufficient to express and reason about more advanced constructs
We are aware that this will make it difficult or impossible to express certain properties. We encourage users to reach out if they encounter such properties. However, it is not our itention to support every property imaginable. We consider it a great success if Scribble is able to capture 95% of the properties that users want to express.
Install Scribble with npm:
npm install -g eth-scribble
Use CLI tool with the Solidity source file:
--help to see all available features.
For more information on the Scribble specification language, and any other documentation, go to: Scribble Documentation
- Install prerequisites:
- NodeJS version 10.x - 12.x.
- NPM version 6.9.0 or newer.
- Clone repository:
git clone https://github.com/ConsenSys/scribble.git
- Install and link:
npm install npm link