YouTube HTML5 Switch
This is a very simple Firefox Add-on that adds the "html5=1" parameter inside the address bar of the tab that is currently active. Only with a simple click on the widget.
Right now we have:
- A navigation bar button & a add-on bar button using the toolbarbutton-jplib (and its depdencies) by erikvold
- A clickable widget icon
- It works only when youtube.com/watch has been opened
- It doesn't work if &html5=1 is already in the URL
The Add-on is not very smart, yet. For example:
- If the Add-on is used at least once and then the user changes to a non-YouTube tab (call it X), then on the next click of the button the URL of X will change to the previously used YouTube URL.
Features to be added
Obviously there is much to do but for starters let's...
- When user changes to already open tabs, handle the url correctly
- Prompt a message in a panel box if "html5=1" has been inserted
- Automatically change the URL without a widget.
The Add-on is under the MIT Licence as described on LICENCE.txt