Contao Open Source CMS
Contao is an open source content management system (CMS) for people who want a professional internet presence that is easy to maintain. The state-of-the-art structure of the system offers a high security standard and allows you to develop search engine friendly websites that are also accessible for people with disabilities. Furthermore, the system can be expanded flexibly and inexpensively. Easy management of user rights, the Live Update Service, the modern CSS framework and many already integrated modules (news, calendar, forms, etc.) have quickly made Contao one of the most popular open source content management systems on the market.
Visit the project website at https://contao.org.
- Webserver (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP version 5.2 or greater
- MySQL version 4.1 or greater
- PHP extension GDLib
- PHP extension mcrypt (optional)
- Download a Contao package from the project website
- Unpack the archive on your server
- Open the installation directory in your web browser
- Follow the instructions of the install tool
How to access the back end
Open your web browser and add
/contao to the URL of your website. Here are
a few examples:
If you are having problems installing or using Contao, please visit the project website at https://contao.org/support.html and read the user's guide or post your question in the Contao forum.