Sample Addin to replace tags with Record properties
This add-in will read the title string and replace any properties surrounded with angle brackets with their equivalent property or field value. For example the title "this is a record by <Author>" will be replaced by "this is a record by David".
Finding the property Ids
This table lists all the properties, use the Id without the 'Record' prefix (e.g. <Author> will be replaced with the Record Author property).
To use this sample:
- build then copy SampleAddin.dll to your EXE directory (the directory where trim.exe resides),
- in the native client go to Administration > External Links,
- add a 'New generic add-in (.Net) (see image 1),
- select which object types this addin should be used by
The add-in pre-populates the record title with the text 'Include properties using elements such as <Author> <Address> or <DateCreated>.'. To change this text:
- create a string type Additional Field
- do not assign this additional field to an object type
- name the field 'CustomTitleConfig' (or [RecordTypeName]_CustomTitleConfig if you want different text for different Record Types)
- enter the default record title text in the Default Value of the Additional Field.
If you want to download the add-in 'as-is' then you can do that here.