Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 40 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Platform Zolertia Firefly
The Firefly is a breakout board designed to inspire.
It exposes the most basic Zoul features, sporting only the most down-to-core features to work with the Zoul, providing the following:
- ARM Cortex-M3 with 512KB flash and 32KB RAM (16KB retention), 32MHz.
- ISM 2.4-GHz IEEE 802.15.4 & Zigbee compliant.
- ISM 868-, 915-, 920-, 950-MHz ISM/SRD Band.
- On-board printed PCB sub-1GHz antenna, alternatively u.FL for sub-1GHz/2.4GHz external antennas.
- AES-128/256, SHA2 Hardware Encryption Engine.
- ECC-128/256, RSA Hardware Acceleration Engine for Secure Key Exchange.
- Compatible with breadboards and protoboards.
- On-board CP2104/PIC to flash over USB.
- User and reset buttons.
- RGB LED to allow more than 7 colour combinations.
- Small form factor (53x25mm).
The Firefly can be seen as the "small brother" of the RE-Mote, with a slick design and a lower cost.
To work out of the box, the firefly includes a PCB antenna for the Sub-1GHz interface, as well as 2 x u.Fl connectors for 2.4GHz and sub-1GHz external antennas.
The firefly can be programmed and debugged over JTAG and USB. The board has a CP2104 USB to serial converter with a PIC, it allows to program the CC2538 without having to manually to put the device in bootloader mode.