Record the display even on non-jailbroken iPhones.
Licenced with the MIT Licence with the following 2 clauses added onto it: You may not use the source code for any commercial product. You may use the videos created from RecordMyScreen for commercial use.
- CoolStar (@coolstarorg) - Started the project, and created the initial code.
- ProtoSphere (@protosphere7) - Helped transition to encoding the video on-the-fly
- John Coates (@punksomething) - Improved the framerate of the video captured, fixed the screen tearing, and made RecordMyScreen usable on <= A4
- Brandon Etheredge (@brandonEtheredg) - Added support for the iPad on the UI
- Nicolas Gomollon (@gomollon) - Prevented other apps from stopping our recording (unfortunately using an iOS 6 only API)
- Aditya KD (@caughtinflux) - Moved the recording stuff to a separate class. Makes it a lot easier for us to start on the tweak version :)
- ARMv7 device (A5 recommended)
- iOS 5 or higher (iOS 6 recommended, may work on iOS 4)
- Developer Account or Jailbreak to install
- XCode 4.4.1 or higher
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 2G - Not supported: iOS 3 is too ancient, armv6, way too slow, no h.264 encoding support
- iPhone 3G - Not supported: armv6, too slow, does this even support h.264 encoding?
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4
- iPod touch 5
- iPod touch 1G - Not Supported: No microphone, iOS 3 is too ancient, armv6, way too slow, no h.264 encoding support
- iPod touch 2G - Not Supported: armv6, probably doesn't support h.264 encoding
- iPod touch 2G and 3G will need a headset with mic plugged into the headphone jack for backgrounding to work
- iPad 1 (maybe, test please?)
- iPad 2
- iPad 3 (requires additional setup)
- iPad 4 (should work with same settings as iPad 3, but needs testing)
Note: iPads with Retina Display have Issue #8 Note for Retina iPads:
- You MUST set Video size to 50% scale, as the video encoder doesn't work with the 2048x1536 screen res.
- There is a little tearing in the video on retina iPads. We will fix it once we can take a look at it.
Jailbroken users without access to a working iOS toolchain
You may download the latest build of the last stable release (1.0) here: http://d.pr/f/Hnsw